Rogue Empire's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Leader Change

+2
FlashnGrem
Ava
6 posters

Go down

Guild Leader Change Empty Guild Leader Change

Post by Ava Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:58 pm

So, Grouchy isn't active any longer. We need an active guild leader.

Grouchy chose Mistrez-Freak to replace him. His reasons were including, but not limited to;
She is helpful.
She is one of the original members of RE.
She is active.
She is well liked.

If you would like to follow Grouchy's appointment, then please do tell.

However a few people think there should be a vote among those of us that are active, to choose an active member to lead.

We need someone active, helpful, caring.

Who do you think it should be?

(After the new leader is decided upon we can go into how to go about that [Ive done the secretary work and know the deal] lets keep this topic to who the Leader should be)

<3Ava
Ava
Ava
Official Rogue Poster
Official Rogue Poster

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://avariellefaye.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Guild Leader Change Empty Misty :)

Post by FlashnGrem Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:49 am

I really think that Mist is the perfect person to be the guild leader. I think this cause

1 She is helpful
2 She is active
3 She be a SUPER FREAK!!!

If anyone else had put their hands up for leader I could see what the problem would be but as I understand noone else has (correct me if I'm wrong).

We have a great bunch of nuts in this guild and I for one would be real bummed if it broke up because of this so lets keep it clean and full of fluffy bunnies and remember you not to old to be put over Daddys' knee for a spanking affraid

peace love and COOKIES
FlashnGrem
FlashnGrem
Official Rogue Poster
Official Rogue Poster

Number of posts : 24
Location : In the bushes outside your house with a bag of monkeys
Registration date : 2008-07-31

Back to top Go down

Guild Leader Change Empty Re: Guild Leader Change

Post by Karamel Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:08 am

First off let me make myself clear...when it was suddenly announced that in guild chat that Mist was to be the new guild leader, I wasn't mad or anything like that.

I wasn't arguing against Mist, she does posses the qualities listed and she is a really friendly individual.

I wasn't arguing over the position of guild leader at all. To me, it doesn't matter who is leader that much, as long as i'm still in a guild with you guys.

However.

I was arguing against the process of how you guys went about things. You went and chose a new leader without informing any of us. Yes, you could argue that you had Grouchy's approval so that made what you did legit. Well, you all know I think Grouchy's great. But he did leave us for a different game. I dont blame him whatsoever, he shouldnt play Shaiya if he doesnt want to. But I do believe that by leaving us he forfeited any say in guild matters. Yes he did start the guild, but he left it. So why should he chose the future of it when he isnt a part of it? The decision doesn't affect him, it affects all of us, so we as a guild should decide who the new leader should be.

What I was arguing is that Mist shouldn't be leader because Grouchy says so. I was arguing for a vote. Let all guildies have a say in the matter, not just those who happen to be in touch with grouchy behind the scenes. If the vote comes out to be Mist, then great, i'd be totally happy with that. At least we got a vote.

Sorry long ass intro, just seemed like a lot of people attacked me for stating my opinion in guild today and I wanted to make myself clear.

Now, as to who I believe should be guild leader.

If she chooses to accept I nominate Alu. She's an officer, a very active member, has been completely loyal to the guild, and has the qualities and backbone needed to be a guildleader.

Yes, Mist is nice and friendly, and up until today I didn't have anything bad to say about her. My main thing against Mist is that she hasn't been loyal to the guild, she left us for another guild, and only came back when they kicked her out. She's only stayed because Grouchy asked her to.

Also, I didn't like the way she handled things today when not everyone was perfectly fine with her being guild leader. She said, "If you dont want me to be your leader than i'll leave" What is that? If you can't be in charge you don't want to be around us?

Maybe I took what you said wrong Mist, and if so i'd love some clarification, because you've always been a very nice and friendly person. Its not that I didnt like you or that I didnt want you to be guildleader, I just wanted all of to have a say instead of just a couple people, nothing personal whatsoever.

And of course all of what I just typed is pretty pointless since people got all riled up over the stupid drama today and are leaving, including Mist. Just sort of had to write out what was on my mind I guess.

Guess i've been seeing the decay of the guild for a while but I didn't want to think about it, i've had a lot of fun with you guys and you all were the only reason I kept playing shaiya.

Please know that I never and still don't harbor any ill feelings towards anyone, i've had a ton of fun with you guys, you're all awesome

-Karr
Karamel
Karamel
Official Rogue Poster
Official Rogue Poster

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-07-30

http://www.myspace.com/saporito

Back to top Go down

Post by Alurwa Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:52 am

You bring up a very valid point Karr, one that I would have made myself most likely. Not because I don't think Mist would have been a good leader, not because I want the leadership for myself, but because everyone needs to have a say. Yes, Grouchy has the final authority, but by rights everyone should have a part in the decision.. because I think we would all agree that it is OUR guild, not a single person's.

"I wasn't arguing over the position of guild leader at all. To me, it doesn't matter who is leader that much, as long as i'm still in a guild with you guys."

That pretty sums up my thinking. If you guys want me to be leader, I will be; if you don't, i'm not going to be offended in the least. Everyone deserves their own opinion and I want to hear everyone's opinion.

I think Karr has covered what happened pretty well, if anyone has any questions i've already talked it over with Ava and can give some additional insight. There's no need for bashing, name calling, etc. It was a bit of a misunderstanding that we all need to be civil about (yes guys, that means if you do anything naughty I will hunt you down and hurt you - be afraid).

EDITTT: Oh in trying not to ramble I forgot.. lol.

There are any number of people that I believe would be good for the guild leader position; however prominently, as Gray suggested, I think Karr would be a good choice. He's been around since the beginning and has the qualities which are required in a guild leader. Plus he's Karr. Razz

Last edited by Alurwa on Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Alurwa
Alurwa
Newby Rogue Poster
Newby Rogue Poster

Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Gray Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:42 am

I agree wholeheartedly with Kar's position. I wasn't around when everything happened, but I know that this is a misunderstanding. It has to be; we're all family.

I believe a vote to be the best thing for this guild. I hadn't thought about it until Kar mentioned it, but I believe Alurwa would be a great leader. I would also like to nominate Karamel himself for the position, seeing as how he has been with this guild for far longer than pretty much any of us and being one of the greatest friends a person could ask for. I remember when him and I were amazed when there was a total of 6 people on at one time. But I would like to hear everyone's own personal recommendations as well.

I've been with this guild for a long time, and I have made so many friends that I know I couldn't live without. This guild is far too important to me and so many others for us to give up trying to fix what we can. We should all sit down and talk with Mist, Ava, Lord and anyone else recently having problems with RE and figure everything out. This is just a huge misunderstanding and I know we can settle it like adults.

I may not be the most prominent member of RE, but I would like to have this settled and dealt with maturely. That means that no matter your rank or standing within the guild, if I hear any form of trash-talking against either members or former members of our guild, you will receive quite the earful.

So, in ending, please behave like the crazies I love. This guild and the people within it are like a family to me, but even closer. Please feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss anything at all about the current situation or the guild itself. All contact info is in my profile.

Gray
Gray
Gray
Official Rogue Poster
Official Rogue Poster

Number of posts : 26

http://www.myspace.com/garrettthegarbear

Back to top Go down

Post by Ava Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:59 am

Ehhhh I cant decide between Ally and Karr =[

<3 they are both awesomesauce.

Co-Leaders FTW!
Ava
Ava
Official Rogue Poster
Official Rogue Poster

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://avariellefaye.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Karamel Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:12 am

I believe Alu would make a much better guild leader than I would. So i'm going to have to decline, thanks for the nominations though. =]

Vote for Alu she's our Pal-u....yeah. Hush its late.

Of course open to any new suggestions as well, post your opinion people

Offtopic: Why the fuck is goku holding an "LOL!" sign part of our smiley option? He's right below the flower and the elephant with a penis for a trunk.
Karamel
Karamel
Official Rogue Poster
Official Rogue Poster

Back to top Go down

Guild Leader Change Empty It was my decision

Post by LGroucho Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:12 am

Alright first of all regardless of how you all feel i am the one who is needed to switch leaders so in a sense i have a big say in it. Secondly i thought ally would have been a great leader in fact she was my first choice but i really didn't think that she would want to be lead. To tell you the truth i really should have spoken with her about it, but as i said in my other topic mist was someone who i felt would have been the best choice not because she is liked and is responsible but because she really did love RE. I was not there to see what happened today but it seems like alot of feeling were hurt and to tell you the truth i am kind of dissapointed that it even got this far i remember everyone being alot more friendlier as well as more fun, i am only speaking from the outside looking in. As much as you guys think that i dont know what is going on with the guild, you all forget that riot plays right next to me all day. I see everyones point and you guys are completely right i should have talked to you all about it. But you all have to see where mist is coming from, i mean i wouldnt blame her if she's mad at me. Everyone should have spoken to me before confronting mist about the suituation then again i dont know how everythign went down. Non the less i will be on tomorrow to speak in much more detail with what you guys want. You are completely right Kar it will no longer be my responsiblity to make the decision's of the guild Nor will i have a say in anything any more i might even just delete my character's as to avoid anymore confrontation. So please be more respectful of other's feeling's and any anomosity that you have towards anything with this decision please speak to me about it because ultimatily this is something that i have started and i have no problem finishing it. And trust me i am not very hard to get a hold of, you all know you just need to ask riot that you need to speak to me and plenty of people in the guild have my AiM. So as i said in my other topic i shall be on tomorrow to discuss this in more detail.

Also as to mist leaving the guild, She only left because Me and Dontae stopped playing for a month to play games with 2 other old guild officer's Skye and Riek to play some other game, and when we returned mist was short to come back. So in that sense Kar you are speakin out of ignorance, please everyone do not make assumption so freely about things you do not know the full story too.
LGroucho
LGroucho
Rogue Administrator
Rogue Administrator

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Karamel Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:05 pm

Alright, let my clarify again...

I hold no animosity whatsoever. Against you grouchy, against mist, or ava, or anyone. You've all been great friends and you all have always been awesome to me.

I'm still not mad at anyone whatsoever, I mean it when I say that.

In my post what I was saying is you shouldn't just choose a guild leader and then implement it...you should ask all of us for input. Of course I don't mind if you throw in your own, you were a part of the guild too.

Like I said, I had nothing against Mist until she gave us that childish ultimatum. But I know she's better than that. Which is why in my post I didn't mean to attack her, rather ask for clarification on subjects so she can voice her reasons for her actions.

I still want her to come back, I wish she didn't leave, and i'll say it once again: I don't hate her, I don't want her to be banned from any officer or leader position from the guild, I don't have any hard feelings against her whatsoever.

This is all just a big misunderstanding, which is why I want people to post their opinions, so it can be resolved. If I post ANYTHING, against anyone, its not meant as an attack at all. I just want clarification on subjects. Like mist leaving, well how was I supposed to know the reason behind it? All I saw was that she left the guild and came back when the other guild kicked her out. Thats why I asked for her to explain, so I can understand why she did it.
Karamel
Karamel
Official Rogue Poster
Official Rogue Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down